Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Mon June 17, 2019
- Lancashire County Council axes drink and drugs rehab places - The council is raising the threshold for access to drink and drugs rehabilitation centres.
- Tyson Fury stops Tom Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight in Las Vegas - Britain's Tyson Fury stops previously undefeated heavyweight Tom Schwarz in the second round in Las Vegas.
- Flintoff and McGuinness on joining Top Gear - Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff on screen tests and being subtitled.
- Man hurt after pigeon hits helicopter near Edinburgh airport - The man needed hospital treatment for his injuries after the bird strike on approach to Edinburgh Airport.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.