Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Mon July 26, 2021
- Blackpool stabbing: Teenager held after man dies - An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a man in his 50s in Blackpool.
- Man arrested after car hits group of people on Blackpool North Pier - The driver fled the scene but police later arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder.
- St Annes beach: Man dies after seaside swim rescue - The man was rescued from the water and taken to hospital but later died.
- Frank Varey: Teenage boxing champion dies after river swim - Tributes are being paid to Frank Varey, 16, whose body was pulled from the River Dee in Cheshire.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.