Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Fri May 29, 2020
- Coronavirus: Blackburn Eid street prayers a 'serious lockdown breach' - Footage of a gathering in Blackburn shows a number of men gathering in a street to pray, on Sunday.
- Blackburn shooting: Six in court over Aya Hachem death - Six people are accused of murdering Aya Hachem, who died when shots were fired from a passing car.
- Delay reopening schools, Lancashire health boss warns - "As soon as we believe it is safe we will inform schools," Lancashire's public health director says.
- Jason Goldrick: Murder probe man's death ruled accidental - A missing man whose body was found in the sea in Cumbria died accidentally, a coroner has ruled.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.