Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Sun March 29, 2020
- Skelmersdale stab murder suspect arrested - The victim was found with fatal stab wounds to the chest at a property in Skelmersdale, police say.
- Belmont moorland fire: Huge grass blaze breaks out - The fire in Lancashire started the day after people were seen having barbecues on the moor.
- Coronavirus: Will food supply fears see a rise in home-grown veg? - "Food insecurity" could cause a wave of first time horticulturalists, experts say.
- Coronavirus: Thousands join Jay Flynn's virtual pub quiz - At least 300,000 people from around the world viewed Jay Flynn's pub quiz.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.