Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Wed May 12, 2021
- Blackpool boy, 9, killed in lightning strike on playing field - The boy, who was taking part in a football coaching session, was taken to hospital but did not survive.
- Lancashire PCC to focus on being tough on crime - Lancashire's new police and crime commissioner promises to "rip up" his predecessor's plans.
- Lancashire police officer who sent sex texts to crime victims jailed - A detective constable is jailed over inappropriate contact with five female crime victims.
- Susan Waring: Family raise funds for murdered mum's tribute - Relatives of Susan Waring, whose body has never been found, say a memorial will help give "closure".
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.