Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Sat June 25, 2022
- Lee Dawson: Fourth murder charge over Preston man's stabbing - A 33-year-old is the fourth man charged with murdering "big friendly giant" Lee Dawson in Preston.
- Six trees in Blackpool town centre cost £174k, council says - Blackpool Council says a government grant was spent on the trees and building an underground system.
- Hazel dormice released to create 'northern stronghold' near Carnforth - The release is part of an attempt to create a bigger, better-connected population in north-west England.
- Fylde health services hit 12 of 43 targets, report finds - A report finds Fylde's services are struggling to cope and about 25,000 people on hospital waiting lists.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.