Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Mon February 17, 2020
- Flood defences in England get 1% of infrastructure spending - Nearly £5bn is due to be spent on flood defences in England up until 2026, government figures show.
- Drink-drive arrests as Preston crash leaves man critically ill - Two cars crashed in Preston shortly after midnight, injuring three people.
- 'I lost my left ear to my tanning addiction' - Anthea Smith tells the BBC's Laura Mcmullan, who also had skin cancer, that she used sunbeds for years.
- Storm Dennis: Bid to protect Billington flood-risk homes - Homes in the Lancashire village of Billington are braced for more flooding ahead of Storm Dennis.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.