Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Sat August 24, 2019
- Lancashire fracking: 1.03 magnitude 'micro' tremor recorded - Cuadrilla said the effect on the surface would be like "a large frying pan dropping to the floor".
- Trans conversion therapy survivor: 'I wanted to be cured so asked to be electrocuted' - As a teenage boy, Carolyn Mercer had electric shock therapy on the NHS in the hope she would be "cured".
- Haseeb Hameed: Lancashire to release England batsman at end of season - Lancashire choose not to renew England batsman Haseeb Hameed's contract when it expires at the end of the season.
- Poor hospital records 'could cost lives' in Blackpool - A coroners says "future deaths will occur" unless action is taken to improve handling of paperwork.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.