Helping Keep The Preston & Lancashire Community Local
Sat April 20, 2019
- Girl, 12, hit by double-decker bus suffers head injuries - The child suffered serious head injuries and is being treated at Liverpool's Alder Hey Hospital.
- Racist graffiti daubed on Preston mosque - Offensive language was scrawled on the entrance gates to the mosque in Preston overnight.
- Huge increase in Public Spaces Protection Order fines - A lawyer fears some council wardens are "acting with incentives to issue as many fines as possible".
- Man charged over Darwen police ammonia attack - Seven police officers were sprayed with a noxious substance during an emergency call on Tuesday.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.